HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems, also referred to as air ducts, can accumulate dust, dander, and other debris over time. Therefore, they should be cleaned every three to five years, depending on various circumstances. Don’t rely on your air filter to be the only source of clean air, especially if it hasn’t been cleaned or replaced in some time. Certain living situations can mean your air ducts should be cleaned more or less often than the average home or business. These situations include:
- Pets living in the home
- Occupants with allergies or asthma
- Presence of cigarette or cigar smoke
- Water contamination or damage to the air duct system
- Home renovation or remodeling projects
When should you have your air ducts cleaned?
If you or other residents are experiencing unexplained symptoms of illness, or if they are suffering from unusual allergies, the issue could lie with dirty air ducts. The cause could be as simple as dust and dander collecting in the vents, or something more serious, such as mold buildup. The professionals at West Side Carpet Cleaning have the equipment and capabilities to remove any dirt, debris, and other contaminants from your commercial or residential ductwork system.
Following the removal of any mold, dust, and debris from your forced air system, we can also provide the sanitation and decontamination of the vents. This will not only ensure all remaining mold is safely removed, it will also help to prevent any mold or bacteria from growing in the future. This step is not safe to try on your own. Leave it to the specially trained professionals at West Side Carpet Cleaning to handle any cleaners and chemicals necessary to clean your air duct system.
Benefits of air duct cleaning can include:
- Better indoor air quality. People with asthma, allergies, and other breathing issues can enjoy better air quality when dust and/or pet dander is cleared away from the forced air system. A cleaner air system can also help to prevent any unwanted respiratory or allergy issues from arising in the future.
- Energy savings. Dust and debris can be drawn into your system and easily overcome your standard filter and accumulate in the mechanical systems and ductwork. When an HVAC system is cleaned, all the buildup from inside the vents is cleared. This means the forced air will be able to travel more freely through the system, requiring less run time to heat or cool your home.
Contact Us Today
Your air ducts are the ideal breeding ground for mold, fungus, and bacteria. At West Side Carpet Cleaning, we will check every aspect of your forced air system to ensure it is as clean as can be. This includes cleaning the intricate parts of the system as well as checking to assure the system is properly sealed. If your home or business is in need of a professional air duct cleaning, call on the professionals at West Side Carpet Cleaning.